Accommodations for St. Johnsville, NY Workshops
For those attending workshops/seminars here at Hawks Hunt Farm, these are the nearby options.
You can find B&Bs in the area by searching for the St. Johnsville area; most do not accept dogs (but you can ask!), very nice if you want a bit of luxury. Some are better priced than the local hotels! The two B&Bs listed here do stand out: Please be sure and tell them that you are attending a Suzanne Clothier seminar at Hawks Hunt Farm for best pricing.
- Red Roof (formerly the Herkimer Motel) - in Herkimer (about 25 minutes away) Everyone's favorite - nice folks! Our recommended hotel in the area, in a town with 24/7 shopping (but also a bit busy/noisy at times; railroad behind hotel)
- Crystal Grove Diamond Mine & Campground - (5 minutes away) Nice folks, very close but a bit pricey for the services offered
- Microtel Inn & Suites - Johnstown NY about 30 minutes away New, and we've had nice reports from those who stayed there. Quickly becoming a favorite lodging spot.
- Super 8 by Wyndham - Johnstown NY about 30 minutes away. New, and right across from the Holiday Inn!
- Holiday Inn - Johnstown about 30 minutes away Everyone who has stayed there has been happy. Right down the road from the Microtel.
- Travelodge in Little Falls - accepts dogs, 15-20 minutes away. BUT Across the street from railroad! Not great for light sleepers, but walking distance to grocery store, restaurant, movies. We cannot recommend them without providing big cautions - service has been erratic at best over the years.
- Air BnB may also offer a variety of options
- Hazelnut Farm B&B - Ft. Plain NY (20 min drive) Great reports from those who have stayed. Ideal for those who love the B&B experience.
- Heritage Meadows Farm B&B - St. Johnsville NY (10-15 min drive) Everyone who has stayed has been happy! Ideal for those who love the B&B experience.
- Air BnB will have options in the area as well
- Lodge Solange is run by dog trainer Monique de Roeck, and may be available.
Those flying in should fly into Albany International - ALB (about 1.25 hours away) or Syracuse International - SYR (about 1.45 hours away). Both are easy airports to get in and out of at any time, pleasant drive to the farm from both. Note to the economy minded: Although it looks easy on the map, we do NOT recommend that you attempt to save $ by flying into the major NYC airports (Newark, Kennedy or LaGuardia) and then driving north. The driving in the area of those airports is among some of the worst in the US. However, driving up from Stewart International in Newburgh, NY is not a bad option if you can get a cheap flight into there.