Quick! Hit PAUSE: Using Controlled Setups for Reactive Dogs with Suzanne Clothier
CEUs: PPAB , CCPDT , KPA , & IAABC pending
Handlers of reactive dogs struggle to find ways to help their dogs feel less worried, overwhelmed or pushed past their thresholds. But progress can be slow, particularly if the dog continues to be triggered despite the handler’s best efforts. Many handlers are discouraged, embarrassed or frustrated when the dog is triggered. Why does this happen so often? This webinar dives into what you need to know to help reactive dogs through carefully controlled set-ups.
If you’ve ever wished for a PAUSE button on life to help your dog, this webinar is for you. The practical information provided will help you create successful training moments. Find out why so many clients and their dogs have benefited from this sensible approach to thin slicing for success.
- The importance of controlled setups to facilitate success, vs. “training in the wild” where stimuli are not under your direction or control.
- How to use the “pause button” – how to control stimuli
- Understanding your dog’s triggers (visual, auditory, kinesthetic, olfactory, social, chase)
- The Stimulus Gradients – the holy trinity of dog training: Distance, intensity & duration
- Using Line of View and Field of View in the real world with existing structures, objects, vehicles, etc.
Can’t make it to the live webinar? No worries! All webinar recordings are sent via email 48 to 72 hours after the live sessions.