Suzanne Clothier’s Relationship Centered Training (RCT) approach has helped countless dogs and trainers around the world. Humane, effective and force-free, RCT emphasizes happy, healthy relationships and mutual connection between handler and dog.
This workshop is ideal for anyone who wishes to learn these foundational RCT skills, working hands-on. Instruction focuses on handlers and dog learning the simple, effective Relationship Centered Training techniques:
• Auto Check-In
• Go Hunt
• Really Real Relaxation Protocol
• Connected Walking
Attendees will learn to use these simple, effective techniques that help alter a dog’s feeling about a situation, bring balance to the dog/human relationship without punishment or confrontation, and help the dog and handler develop new skills for a variety of situations.
To be eligible for this class, dogs may be of any age or breed/mix, but your dog must meet these conditions:
- Is not reactive or aggressive to other dogs
- Has not seriously harmed any person or other dog
- Has attended & graduated from a basic obedience class, knows sit, down, stay (brief, on leash)
- Is able to work in a class setting
Limited to 12 dog/handler teams. Auditors welcome!