Refunds and Returns You can read about our refund and return policy here.
Your Acceptance of Terms
- a “Visitor,” meaning you simply browse the site, or otherwise use the publicly available information on these sites without being registered, or
- a “Student” or “Participant” meaning that you have registered with Relationship Centered Training and/or SuzanneClothier.com to participate in a class, will complete the homework assignments, and have enrolled in and paid for access to services and content provided by Suzanne Clothier, or
- an “Auditor,” meaning that you have registered with Relationship Centered Training and that you intend to audit the online courses, i.e., attend or view lectures online without accessing video or responses or replies, or completing the homework assignments or other course work related to online courses provided by Suzanne Clothier and Carpe Canem Inc.
- a “Member,” meaning you have enrolled in and paid for access to services and membership exclusive content provided by Suzanne Clothier.
The term “User” refers to a Visitor, Student, Participant, Auditor or Member.
Permission to Use Materials
Subject to these Terms and our policies, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, and you will not share with any third party access to or access information for your account. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. As we allow, you may download material from the sites and courses only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any material, nor may you modify or create derivative works of the material. The burden of determining that your use of any information, software or any other content on the site is permissible rests with you.
Inappropriate use, distribution, infringement or sharing of any of the Relationship Centered Training course materials may result in immediate dismissal from the course(s) with no refunds or recourse, and may result in being permanently banned from participation in any Relationship Centered Training course or any other activity offered by Suzanne Clothier.
RCT Courses reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, or reschedule any course or to modify any course content or the point value or weight of any assignment, quiz, or other assessment. Courses offered are subject to the Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability sections below.
No Academic Credit
Participation in or completion of a course does not confer any academic credit.
No Guarantee of Certification
Enrollment in and completion of any certification course is not a guarantee of certification. Courses that offer certification include performance criteria, including but not limited to passing the tests (passing scores as defined for that course) and acceptance by the instructor(s) of all assignments as satisfactory.
How RCT Courses and Others May Use User Content
To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant Relationship Centered Training Courses a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Relationship Centered Training Courses may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Services (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, RCT Courses does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to RCT Courses, developed by its employees or contractors, or obtained from other sources.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Agreement to Hold Harmless and Assumption of Risk
You understand that training dogs may pose some risk to yourself, members of your family, your guests and your dog(s), and expressly assume the risk of any damage or injury (to yourself, your dog(s), and/or any minors attending a dog training session with you) incurred as a result of a dog training session or course online or the information provided online or in person conducted by or on behalf of Suzanne Clothier, Carpe Canem Inc., Relationship Centered Training or any of its designees.
In consideration of your participation in a dog training session or sessions conducted by or on behalf of Suzanne Clothier, Carpe Canem Inc., Relationship Centered Training or any of its designees, you, on behalf of yourself and any minors attending the dog training session(s) with you, waive, release, and agree to hold harmless Suzanne Clothier, Carpe Canem Inc., Relationship Centered Training or any of its designees, and any and all of the employees, volunteers, agents, insurers, and successors of these parties from any and all causes of actions, claims, demands, losses, injuries, and damages of any kind which may be sustained by you or your dog(s) in connection with the dog training session and/or information provided by Suzanne Clothier, Carpe Canem Inc, Relationship Centered Training and any designees, agents, employees, or volunteers. You are responsible for damages caused by your dog(s) and/or family members.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Services are managed by Suzanne Clothier and Carpe Canem Inc., which is located in St. Johnsville New York USA. You agree that any dispute related to these Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving Fulton County, New York as the legal forum for any such dispute. Excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief, for claims related to the Services you and Suzanne Clothier agree to elect to resolve the claim through binding, non-appearance-based arbitration. The dispute will then be resolved using an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider, mutually agreed upon by you and Suzanne Clothier and Carpe Canem Inc. The parties and the selected ADR provider shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses, unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; rather, the arbitration shall be conducted, at the option of the party seeking relief, online, by telephone, or via written submissions alone. Any judgment rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Revisions to the Terms
We reserve the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
Acceptable Use Policy
RCT Courses and SuzanneClothier.com and associated sites do routinely monitor content provided by users. We will remove or edit inappropriate or illegal content or activity reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user’s access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to:
• Violate intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
• Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
• Attempt to access any other user’s account.
• Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
• Use our Services to distribute malware.
• Spam others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
• Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
Refunds and Returns You can read about our refund and return policy here.